CHILDLINE stands for a friendly 'didi' or a sympathetic 'bhaiya' who is always there for vulnerable children 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year.
31 million calls as of March 2014, 4 million children, 291 cities, 18 years.
A phone number that spells hope for millions of children across India, CHILDLINE is India's first 24-hour, free, emergency phone service for children
in need of aid and assistance. Whether you are a concerned adult or a child, you can dial 1098, the toll free number to access our services. We not only
respond to the emergency needs of children but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation. We have, till date, reached out to
over three million children across the nation through such calls.
CHILDLINE is a platform bringing together the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India, Department of Telecommunications,
street and community youth, non-profit organisations, academic institutions, the corporate sector and concerned individuals.
We work for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But our special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more
vulnerable sections, which include:
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets.
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors.
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children.
- Differently-abled children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Children whose families are in crises